Saturday, August 16, 2014

August 15th, 2014 "Dear Family"

Dear Family,
 
Today I went to the Campinas Temple, I listened to the session in Portugues and actually participated in the prayer, and with some serious help finished out with the Portugues language. I am so glad to speack with the people of this country, I already feel a great love for them and a desire to serve them and share my testimony with them. On the bus ride home, I felt the need to humm/sing some hymns to my self; I know that as the scripture says in Doctrine and Covenants 25, "the song of the righteous is prayer unto me, and shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads." The Spirit comforted me and sanctified the area around me, I felt this. Shortly before our arrival the Spirit taught me some very specific things I can do to fulfill my calling as a missionary, as a senior companion, member of a district, and Leader of a Zone. This was a special blessing for me, yesterday I experienced the culmanation of some serious stress. I know that God will answer our prayers if we will humbly seek him.
 
I'm sorry my time is running short. I'm glad to hear Austin is excited for Seminary. IT IS SUCH A BLESSING. Farmer Isaac, how are the ants :) Dad thank you for your letter, I have felt some of those same feelings before, especially yesterday, but I do know that The Lord has called me to serve, so that is what I will do. Oh I hope everything works out with Andrew and Clarissa, that is some exciting news! Clark soooo good to hear from you! I will definetly talk to my companion about some fo those ideas. Today I met an elder from Chile whose 20 year old sister died 5 years ago and he testified to me that he knew she was serving a mission in Heaven, I told him that I believed the same thing about Nolan and I know that he is helping me on my mission.
 
Farewell, I love you all,
 
Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment