Thursday, August 7, 2014

August 7,2014 "Hello my dear family"

Hello my dear family,
OHHH I miss you soo much, I am often over come with emotion and love for you all and find myself wet in the face :) Thankyou Austin, Clark, Isaac for you "Flight Letters", Isaac's letter cut me to the quick on that one, wow, I LOVE YOU ISAAC. Clark your letter really became meaningful after the first few days of the CTM (MTC, it is backwards here in Brazil). Austin you are such a good young man and fantastic brother, elchubracabra ;) Oh my dear Mother and Father, thank you for helping me record some of the Blessings I received from President Bowden when I was set apart to serve; I carry that paper with me to remind me of my call to serve. Andrew and Clarissa MOuaAH, that is a kissing sound. I love you both.
Well my friends, Domingo pasado I was called by Presidente Barros to serve as zone leader. Our zone is fairly new in every sense of the word, yet I'm very grateful for the call to serve in this important calling. My most important responsibility is to serve my zone with love and humility while setting the example of an obedient missionary. I find this fairly difficult. Often times, I may allow pride to work in me which causes problems with my companion and my district. However, I am praying muito that God will help me and my companion fulfill our callings.
Domingo pasado, I played the piano for our morning missionary devotional which included all of the missionaries and Presidente Swensen and his wife. I have had the opportunity to speak with them several times and this past Tuesday when they entered the auditorium for our devotional, I felt the spirit tell me that they were called of God to love and help the missionaries be obedient.
I've made many friends here at the CTM, the Instutors are "mutio bem" and help our district to learn our purpose as missionaries which is the Doctrine of Christ, how to become better teachers, and how to qualify for the divine of "O Dom de Lenguas" The Gift of Scrounges. My companion and I pray for this gift everyday. Recently my companion and I taught a new investigator our instructor Irma Bueno about the Restoration of the Gospel. It was our first visit and following the meeting and later in class I realized I had made a mistake. "We teach people, not lessons", I was more concerned about the lesson than who the person was, what problems they had, and how I could help them. Perhaps I should continue to follow this pattern with my companion? Yes, I think so.
Less than an hour ago our district returned from the Campinas Templo. It was a great opportunity to seek guidance from my Father in Heaven and I did receive the Spirit's witness of some things I can do better- Pray. The temple was beautiful, the people were helpful; I met some people from Brasilia, that was cool. Oh a little bit about my District: we are all from Utah besides Elder Neeleman from CT, he is acquainted with the Rosdahls. Elder Patterson is his companion and we share a room with them. Elder Labrum is a trio with Elder Josephson and Elder Numbers. Elder Labrum is the cousin of Harrison Labrum. My companion Elder Goodsell is very funny, he loves to laugh, loves his family, loves being active- he is crazy athletic.
This is our first P-day, I will try to send you some letters today depending on how crazy things are, I have some written. I try to only write on p-day.
I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the World. He has called me to serve here in Brazil for a wise purpose, which purpose I know not, yet this I know; that I know that my Redeemer liveth and that He stand at the last day upon the earth and though skin worms destroy this body, yet in the flesh shall I see God- JOB
Love, Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment