Monday, November 10, 2014

Blessings/additional Roomates/Fasting and Prayer

Big, Big, Big points for the mumzy today, what a great recap of your lives, all of you, I know everything. No just kidding, but I did hear some wonderful things,

Isaac, wow well when you are rich and famous and discover that there is life on the moon or something lets have family parties at you house. haha I picked a piece of petrified wood of the ground the other day and though of you, maybe i'll try and send it to you guys, would you guys like a package, that might be cool. . . which reminds me of a story Elder Sales told last week about a rock peddler man that pick up a stone in the street that was just really dirty, but he took it and cleaned it and it turned out to be really beautiful. I like this analogy because they may be someone in the street that may seem unlikely to accept the gospel, but really we are all children of God

Which brings me to a cultural experience from the week. I gave some purified water to a homeless man, who mentioned he was thirsty. The water was purified because Elder Mattos fell quite sickly this week again the the doctors said it was due to the water quality of our area, so we are supposed to drink it any more. But, I gave it to him and I felt god about it and I feel like he appreciated the gesture. I thought of the scripture, when you have done it unto the one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Mathew 25

This week I was able to give Elder Mattos some priesthood blessings because everything he would eat he couldn't keep it was pretty awful at first, but now mostly just has diarrhea and must be more careful with what he eats or he ends up really weak afterwards, we end up in the house, again. But, he is tough, and we will make it through especially because we are receiving new Elders in our area! and they are going to live in our apartment. . . yah it will be packed, but should be fun and beneficial i hope. 

Okay so last week I was speaking with the bishop over the phone and I told him I would fast for him because he and his family have been having doubts about his calling and are really discouraged. Anyway really sad, but I told him I would fast for him and yesterday he announced in church that he is now able to work in Brasilia which is much closer to home and he won't have to be gone from home for weeks. He mentioned me and how thankful he was for our prayers and fast and man it caught me by surprise when he said my name, but I am soo happy he will be able to be more involved in the ward now and hopefully we can have more meetings with him the the other leaders of the ward!

Dad what a wonderful testimony, I agree that living in gratitude is the best attitude indeed.

By the way I'm not supposed to give my address to people so that is a no can do, so my package i guess will be sent to the mission home. yah? 

Well Clarissa by desert blossom congrats on your book! Are you happy with how it turned out? Andrew, are you still clean shaven? do you have a mustache? haha I met a cool elder who reminded me of you this week and then i remembered another Elder Clark who obviously reminded me of Clark and I really my companion elder Mattos, reminds me of Nolan a lot. 

God is merciful and I'm thankful for his tender mercies. 

Mom I have to say that you are one of the more cheery blessed souls I know and I think it has to do with your desire to serve others and show your appreciation and love for them. Even if it has to do with carrot hats. oh and please record the out house poem for me that will be awesome. 

Okay well I hope you all feel included, this week I participated in my first helping hands activity! I wore a yellow vest and everything. It was great and wow you really can see the strength of the members here, the sacrifices they make and the desire they have to serve with valiance. 

I've been studying the book of Mormon in the Isaiah chapters and I really feel the prophecies are being fulfilled and Brazil, South America, all of the tribes that were lost are now being gathered, the spirit of Elijah is upon us and wow what a time to live. We are living in the Restoration of the fullness of times, how incredible.

I can't express my love for you all, our baptism that was scheduled for this week was postponed until next, but I feel the work is progressing, and it is important that we keep track of everything so the spirit can effectively guide us. 

Hey, I want some photos from Halloween please

Oh and mother as far as a package goes I would say garments but a member of our ward is going to the temple this week and he is going to bring me some, I don't know why I didn't bring more pairs. But, I really don't know yet, I'm surviving doing well, I made rice this week Brazilian style, it turned out pretty good. 

Austin dude, basketball man, don't worry about the big fellas man, just keep working your tail off. I remember getting beat up a little bit too because I didn't let them have it easy, but hey, do your best, be smart, and always courteous in your behavior, remember the reason for the game never forget your name and who you represent. word. oh and please record the banjo guitar action that will be soo cool.

Clark, turns out summer in my area actually has more rain then anything else, my companion said that your area has more sun, so i may be keeping more weight, but I did do some walking in the rain the very day I received your past email, and my companion and I were drenched- I think I will walk with my umbrella, but man was it funny. Oh and this Ambassador girl tell her I want some hook ups when I get home because I'm interested in trying out. just need to work on some dance moves. . .

Well, Tchau Familia

Elder Anderson

PS-oh and mom send me the address of the blog and then I can see your progress, i'm sure it is marvelous.  

No comments:

Post a Comment