Monday, May 4, 2015

May 4, 2015

Dearest Family IIIIIII am near you, watching your faces on a screen, and your voices sounding, sounding, yes they sound so nice to me, Skype, Skype, Skype, okay that is enough. 

Anyway back to the real world it is good to write you on this the fourth of may what a lovely day. I would like to remind all of us that our very own Lewis Robbins was preached the Gospel on the first day of this month and baptized on the 5th four days later and became as far as I understand the first member of the restored gospel in our family- wow. And all of the trials he passed through because of that decision. And all the blessings that we have received because of the faith of our ancestors that founded our beautiful view of the fullness of all times. Our Tree is astounding, on all sides I see saints, founding fathers of faith that suffered and struggled to fulfill the calling of a Prophet. We aren't much different from them you know, we are all a part of this story, are you writing yours? Are you children or future children proud of this story you are writing? Well I sure hope so, because if not you have got some serious changes to make buster because this life is a privileged you have people depending on you and man I am just ranting, but it is a bit refreshing.

Okay sorry about that I second the words of our dear brother Nolan when he said " I just like to see how we are all connected." Thank you mom for reminding me of those blessed words. This week we passed through some trials, baptismal dates falling through, investigators not going to church and I happened to be a little soft on Sunday, soft enough to bear my testimony and share some tears and a though from the Bible: Elias and his servant were surrounded by an army and the servant was with fear, but Elias said that "They that be with us are more than those that be with them" I felt the support of angels this week and as occurred with Elias Hosts of flaming chariots and angels- the spirits of our loved ones who have passed this life, including Nolan- man I love that guy- yes I am crying. 

But, let´s get to the facts. the ward is improving in strength and the foundation is being built as the members also are facing challenges, but holding true as plans for a new chapel are about to be placed into action. Tomorrow I will do my second and third interviews for baptism, and I am excited for the Spiritual opportunity that is before me, I should start praying. Great counsel from President Erying about the Power of the Priesthood being directly connected to the power of prayer- awesome. We were fasting and visited a woman who has a family completely separated and stuck in the "mundão" as they say "big world" and we invited her to be baptized which she previously had not accepted as to a date specific, yet this time she accepted. We had finished teaching about the plan of Salvation and it was a great testament of the power of fasting to me. Unfortunately she was sick yesterday and couldn't go to church, but we are going to help her be baptized for sure. Maybe I won't be here to see it because there is a transfer this next week and maybe I will leave this good place, but maybe not. Either way I have learned a lot here. I have learned to be a better teacher and preacher of the Gospel, a more patient leader and man I'm still working on this whole leader thing, but I know that God is happy with my efforts- just have to avoid being prideful and love more and serve more and the foundation is set. Make me like Christ

Haha today my companion and I tried making an awesome desert called pudin and I am a little nervous to see how it turned out when we get home, but later I will send you a picture. We also played a little soccer today and I made an awesome goal with curve and everything just out of reach of my companion- fifa. My companion is awesome, before the mission he didn't like to do a lot of stuff that he is learning to like on the mission, his family is completely less active except for a cousin and he still keeps going to faith- he rocks. 

Well just to confirm so 4 hours in the afternoon your time which is 3 hours earlier than my time, so I will be talking to your before I return home and sleep. This time I will be sure to keep the rule about an hour on the skype deal, I think it is an hour. 

Well I love you all, the sun is shining, the tank is clean and I am gonna get out of here. 

Love, 

Élder Hayden Lewis Anderson

P.S. I would like to mention that I have found an example of a Priesthood man here in Brazil named Emerson, wow I feel like I new him in Heaven, he is an amazing example to me on fulfilling his Priesthood duties of a father and a member missionary. I have so many wonderful examples in my life- God must love me- wants me to be good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment