Monday, July 13, 2015

If There Isn't a Feeling of Love, the Spirit Isn't There



Hello Family

To: Andy Anderson, Austin Anderson, Clarissa Lewis, jorge andrade, Lorna Anderson, Lorna Anderson, Marti Zohner, Ryan, Sydney Layton, W. Clark Anderson


fotos.zip

Hello my dear ones,

Glad to hear that you are all doing well. Today I played soccer with a group of missionaries and the Presidente; didn't exactly feel qualified to play with the best of em you know. . . the soccer thing is still a work in progress. But, luckily we were able to play a bit of basketball in the end and that made me fell a bit better, however I tell you what, I am starting to feel 20 coming on. . . hahah just kidding, only 3 more days! It is a bit weird, time. . . 

Tomorrow will be Zone Counsel with the Presidente and Zone leaders, should be exciting. The day after we will have a zone meeting and I will do a split with Élder Smith in His área. That is one of the duties you know . . . splits.

I had my second "split" this week with Élder Dias, my first "split" outside of my area. It was super cool. I realized from the Split that Love is so critical, I know I say that all the time, but it is true! The first thing I discovered is that this Élder's mom had passed away 4 years ago by an aniurism, and that his companion, an american from Arizona had lost his mother much like how Nolan passed away, 4 weeks before he left for his mission. That day we visited members, investigatores, less actives, and a pizza shop. . . oh that was for dinner, 1 "Real" which is about a third of a dollar for a piece of cheese pizza, pretty cool. Oh but back to the point- LOVE- right so we visit all of these people and we can talk all we want and prove that were right and everything and that is great, but if there isn't a feeling of love the Spirit isn't there. . . sorry charlie the truth is the truth okay. . . "Love people, Love people. . . You and me.. . .that's the way to beee, oh yah yah." #flashback#eagleproject#lovepeople#itwillbealright

Wow I don't think I even knew how to years this hip thing before the mission, but I feel I'm starting to master it, maybe, well it is fun. 

Oh so I met 2 youths during this "split" whom are absolutley awesome. They have very little in there home, and their mother is working like crazy to support them, but their testimonies are incredibly strong after 2 years of baptism in the church. They made some visits with us after we challenged them to share the message of the plan of salvation with a friend, and during the visites I discovered that Sarah, the 14 year old girl had asked God if what the missionaries was true. She received an answer. She said that in her dream was shown to her written in the color blue the word "SIM" or YES. That was a special testimony to me that God answers our prayers in the way that we may understand, however if we aren't listening for his answer things are a bit more painful. I want to use the fast more effectively to receive heavenly assistence in my prayers and desires for good. 

Isn't there something special about the color blue- to me there is, however, I have decided that my favorite color is green, just so you know. 

Well I have a couple of pics for you, unfortunately I don't have a pin drive again, but these are pics from my companion Élder Matheus. He is from Recife and likes to surf, worked as a DJ before the mission. His house is 30 minutes from Porte de Galinhas which is an amazing beach in Brazil look it up. The first picture is with Irmã Maria the mother of the Bishop who will be baptized with her grandaughter this weekend. She has stopped smoking and drinking cofee and is really excited to be baptized. The other picture is of Amanda who was baptized this weekend, her mom is awesome and has been to church a few times, but she isn't married and the dad is a bit tough, but we are going to work with them, really nice family. 

Well I bid you all adeu and the next time you all hear from me I will be much older and wiser too, Happy Birthday to me! I love you All!

COM AMOR

ÈLDER ANDERSON

No comments:

Post a Comment