Monday, November 23, 2015

Sounds Like Brazil





 

Okay okay, so funny thing I want to tell you guys that happened this week. So I don't know if I told you, but Brazil just loves sound and there is always a car passing with blaring music or a bar with the volswagon bug in the front stacked with speakers blaring some strange music. However, my companion and i saw something this week that just made us both burst out laughing. Cars, Bicyles, homes, stacked with speakers okay, makes sense, but refrigeratores? Seriously, a personalized party machine in the form of a cooling device. . . sounds like Brazil. Other sounds of Brazil, oh "èlders, Guilherme ( recent convert of a few monthes, 14 years old.) wants you to eat lunch with him today." "Okay thanks Sister we'll go there now." We arrive at Guilhermes house today to find him on top the roof with his large fishing pole. He had prepared fried chicken, some slightly burnt rice and a salty salad- Thanks Guilherme. I was so happy to see him yesterday, because I thought he had moved and he went and made some lunch for us, he has got a good heart- I LOVE THE PEOPLE HERE. 

This week I was privileged to baptize Christina. He cousin was baptized last week and we are trying to help her family a lot. Her "dad" has a drinking problem and is not getting along with his wife. Serious Issues, but nothing the restored gospel of Jesus Christ can't fix. I realized the potent power of addiction, pride, and anger, but also I realized his desire for help, so we'll see if a little faith and repentance won't do the trick- there is nothing that our God cannot do. He is a Holy on of Israel, it is He that walked the path of pain, and death so that we might not if we would but repent. I feel the desire to help God in His Purpose and as my Mission President put it this week. God wants His kids back. We had a great meeting this week with the zone leaders and I learned great things about the Gospel and Leadership. The President also shared with me some thoughts about the "last days" and man I tell you what, we need to be prepared, it isn' getting easier. I got to see my buddies from the MTC talk with Élder Patterson a bit, man it is awesome to have some good buddies on the mission and to make some new ones. My companion from the MTC ÉLder Goodsell is a Zone leader now too and it was great to see him. THE MISSION IS AWESOME!!!!

I love you all, I know that is is the true church of Jesus Christ reestablished on the earth in preparation for the second coming of the Savior. I know that God has blessed us with inspired leaders today to help lead and guide us and we must follow their counsel to be saved from the dangers today. 

May we recognize the blessings of God in our lives this week and feast ourselves not only physically, but spiritually as well. 

LOVE 



ÉLDER ANDERSON

No comments:

Post a Comment