Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Well I tell you one thing this week was quite the experience and not just on the edible scale, but there are some good stories to tell there as well. 

I'm livin with an American! It is awesome!, we made cookies and the other day we made pancakes with the recipe mom sent me and this awesome syrup recipe that he had. Our hispanic companions where going bonkers, you can imagine. We also had some fun Saturday morning when we went to clean the swimming pool in which we baptize people and discovered that along with our house and the rest of the city- no water. So what do you do when you don't got water in the spicket? YOU PULL IN DOWN FROM THE TREES! That is right my friend we are in Brasil and there are coconut trees here and just so happens there is a giant one on the church property! Yes I did try to climb it like that guy on "The Other Side of Heaven", but you can imagine that I felt a bit like Sid the sloth when he trys to climb the mountain and return the baby to the tribal people- ya i didn't get anywhere (my brothers will understand the "Ice Age" reference). At one point I ended up on the shoulders of my American buddy with a large pole in efforts to obtain the tasty fluid that is found in these plentiful fruits. That was fun. Shortly afterwards I found myself still unbathed and in the house of an awesome member chewing on the hoof of a thouroughly cooked cow leg. I have to admit I was doing great eating the rest of the leg, but when she plopped the hoof on my plate. . . ya, but it's Brazil man, put it in the pressure pan and we'll eat it!!!! YAAA, no but it was actually really tasty and I ate more than all the other Élders, it is a dish called Mocotó.

Okay so that is enough about my cultural life and eating habits. Really I'm so thankful to be a missionary and I felt so excited this week to work with my companion in the vineyard of the Lord, sharing our testimonies with others and the light we have received in our live through the Gospel of Christ. I felt so happy to have been an instrument in bringing a family to church this week who has a baptisimal date for this Saturday. We arrived at their home with Sunday morning and the mother said that they wouldn't be going because they were without water and needed to bath. My response was. . . "There´s water in the church!" Long story short we ended up going hand in hand with the little eight year old who was so excited to see Jesus in His church. . . "Will I see Him for Real? with a beard and long hair?" I was touched by His faith and desire to be in the presance of our Savior and asked him if he would draw a picture of Jesus to help him be reverent at church- it was going really well, but ended up a Tucan. . . okay that's cool too. Hold still lets get you some crackers. That was fun. Well I learned this experience taking this family to church that as Élder Scott said we should make the exercise of our faith our priority. We can focus on the negatives and the empty water tanks or we may focus on the Savior and His fullness and His power. I'm so thankful for the daily opportunties I have to exercise my faith and know that without my Savior I am nothing. He is the worker of miracles and He is the master in whom we must trust and we must be molded. That we may be "instruments in the hands of God". "We are His Hands"

I love you all Sorry about the adress thing I mentioned last week I was confused there was no change, it is the same adress that is written beneath. 

Go with God, "Vai com Deus" common Brazilian phrase. 


Élder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment