Monday, November 9, 2015

"When We Crash and Burn We Can use the Experience as a Learning Opportunity"






Oi tudo mundo! Élder Anderson here. All the way from Planaltina de Goiás. Sorry about the mix up last week my p-day has returned to monday- rookie mistake, should have let you all know about the change.

But the past is in the past. . . WHaCK that is when Rafiki smacks you on the head with is witch doctor stick! I tell you what that monkey has got some great advice (Watch the Lion King again if you didn't get that reference). 

Any way, today we went to a members "Chácara" which means basically cabin as a understand it, but as you may imagine, Brasil's cabin may be a bit different from what you may understand. I attached som fotos for you all to see. Man I just feel like I'm in heaven when I visit the Chácara. Wow that was a really pleasurable visit for me today, I tell you. The members treated us so well, we ate mango, galinhada ( chicken and rice), beans, spaghetti, and afterwards a cake with Goiaba juice- so good. 
I'm so thankful to be in this beautiful country and serving this wonderful and blessed people. There are many challenges that are part of the mission, but really that is part of our lives, livin and learnin, crashin and burnin, okay Jack Johnson may have said that, but I really know that because of the atonement of Jesus Christ, when we crash and burn sometimes in our lives we can use the experience as a learning opportunity. For example, my companion and I didn't have any investigators in the church this week and I really reflected on our week and thought about what we could do better. Thanks to Jesus Christ this is possible. I'm so thankful to have this knowledge. Thanks mom for the little message you sent me last week about this subject, really helpful. 

Cool Experience this week, my companion and i were working in an area in which we weren't very familiar and stopped to ask some people for directions. I felt the desire to speak with them and mentioned we were missionaries and asked them if they had once asked themselves, "What is our purpose in life?" and "Where do we go after death." There response was, "You know we were just talking about that right before you walked up." I know that God lives and he may do miracles in our lives if we just demonstrate our faith in him, our lives are difficult, but if do as nephi said in 2 nephi 31:20 and endure to the end, we will have eternal life. 

I love you all, 



Élder Anderson  

No comments:

Post a Comment