Monday, June 29, 2015

Resourceful Missionaries/Seeing Gods Hand Using the Direct Approach

Hello my beloveds,

I am here in Paranoá and wow it is getting a bit nippy hear. I'm going to look for a sweater to use during the most cold parts of the day and at night time, I did not think I would ever feel cold in Brazil, but it isn't too bad, it is actually quite refreshing at times. It should start to get warmer in a month or two. It is really funny because Élder Thomas who is from northern Utah is dying of Cold because he has become accustomed to sweltering heat, hahah- he is Super Cool. 

Speaking of Super Cool, he, Élder Matheus, and I had an awesome experience this week. We were playing frisbee during exercises and when arrived home our frisbee ended up landing on the neighbors roof- you know how it is. After various attempts of great valor we decided to duct tape two brooms together in attempt to scoot it off, but to no avail. I ended up finding an old hose in the house and just like my cowboy ancestors in a final attempt of rescue lassoed that frisbee and yanked her down from off of the roof. To make the story even better that same morning while playing frisbee I put the frisbee through the basketball hoop two times, one from full court and the other from half court-it was absolutely nuts, I guess it was just a magical day, 3 is a magic number. I will send some pictures that ÉLder Thomas took when he send them to me, really funny.

I included some pictures, maybe you had already seen the one of the family night. The other is of my previous companion and the other is a picture some young recent converts drew for me before I left São Sebastião. I liked it so much I put it up on the wall in my new house.

Speaking of house, it has been a none stop battle to manage all of the details involved with taking care of all of the house problems, water leaks, unpayed bills, electrical problems, but it is good practice and really fulfilling after solving a problem especially when we work together as a district. 

When I entered the bus with my bags in route to Paranoá I felt the desire to do a"fear no man" as they call it, so the minute I entered the bus I introduced the peculiar band of bag bears that included myself and a bit about our voluntary work to help people follow Jesus and one 13 year old boy raised his hand admist mostly youth indicating his desire to learn more. His name is John Peter and is really awesome, he went to church this Sunday although his mom was unable to stay, but felt really welcome and is going to a family night with us tonight at the house of an awesome member family. So cool to see the instant results of an inspired action " fear no man". John Peter also had to practice this principle as a youth to raise his hand in the midst of his peers to voice his honest desires- super cool, hope I get to see his baptism, just have to mark it.

We will also finish teaching the mother of the Bishop this week, as she will be baptized with her grand daughter this Sunday. She stopped smoking recently after a life time of smoking and is stopping her coffee habit as well. She is almost 70 years old and likes Shekeira, Akon and other hip artists. She is happenin' Granny, that is for sure.

Well I hope that gives you a bit of a sneak peak into my weak as a fulltime missionary of the Lord Jesus Christ, I am so thankful for this opportunity and I know that he is aware of me and of all of you, I hope we ask ourselves often "How have I seen the hand of the Lord reaching our to touch my life today?" We will receive many revelations and life happier and more fulfilling lives. 

Much Love,

Élder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment