Monday, May 23, 2016

A Bit Bummed But Thankful


HELLLO is it me your lookin for?

jk howdydo folks I hope you all had a lovely week. Transfers have come and my companion and I find ourselves alone in Paracatu after Èlder Genaro and Sister Silvera were transferred. I'm glad that I have the opportunity to stick around and I know that this transfer of 5 weeks is going to be a great and a fast one! After these 5 weeks I will be leaving in the middle of the transfer to see you all in St. Geezy. YEEAAH haha well gotta make the most of it. Well my companion and I were a bit bummed because we had some baptisms fall through this week, but we are thankful that Ismael's dad is supportive and allowed him to be baptized on another date. Unfortunately some other investigators we had decided they didn't want to keep the Sabbath day and so we had to let them go. 

This week was a bit stressful, but I'm thankful that i made it through another transfer and I am so thankful for what I'm learning. The Lord is helping me see some things I can do to improve and I am willing to make changes to become a better missionary, friend, teacher and priesthood holder. 

This week we saw a lot of progress with Ivanete who was a woman who approached us in the street one day asking for help to stop drinking and follow God. We arrived at our appointment after she had visited the church a few days before and she was so willing to make changes in her life. She had purchased some medicine to help her stop smoking and we helped her make plans of scripture study and prayer to help her accomplish her goals. She is really cool and the other day we went with her to a the "good burger" close to our house and while we were seated there a man approached and wanted to share of our Grape Fanta to which we accepted and he went on to tell us how he wanted to stop drinking and change his life. Yah you can imagine what we were thinking or maybe what Ivanete was thinking because it was like the same thing that happened with her. I told the man, "well my friend you have found the right people if you are wanting to change your life." And I know that this is true. The Gospel changes lives. The Gospel is changing my life and I'm so thankful for the opportunity I have to help people make changes in their lives by living the Gospel of Jesus Christ. IT WORKS IT IS A MIRACLE. TRY IT!

Well we don't just teach people who have drinking problems, but it sure is great helping them out. We are so excited to have another awesome transfer. We have the opportunity next week to eat lunch with President Lundgren because of our fruitful labors this transfer and my companion is and I are so happy that were able to work so hard and receive some recognition as well. However I know that this is God's work and that He is in command. I am weak, but he is using me as a tool in his hands to do his great and marvelous work. And I'm thrilled to be apart of it. 

Sincerely, 



Élder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment